Pagina's

zaterdag 31 december 2011

TOP2000 blogparty


Last week I was inspired by Marit's blogparty, based on the event of the year here in Holland, the Top 2000. (From the first day of Christmas till the end of 2011 the best two thousand hits ever...NON STOP!)
You can read all about in on her blog.
She invited everyone to join the party and send in their artwork based on the hits from this Top 2000.
I felt like I needed to journal about my all time favorite song, not even for this blogparty but also to capture the memory. So I started with this page:

Bon Jovi-Bed of Roses

And than I got the Top 2000 virus...I was browsing the list with all those hits and I immediately knew which favorite hit would be next.

Golden Earring-Radar Love

I cut out a radar and embossed it with gold embossing powder. (I would have used green if I had it...)
The heart and the zipper are magazine cut outs, glued on a background which I painted black.
I love this page! Probably it turned out so well because I had the song playing on my computer at that time. My daughter wanted to know which song I meant...and I think my neighbors heard it too...(lol).

So...my brained screamed for more pages based on hits! Of course, I had to journal about the number one of the Top 2000...one of my favorites too:

Queen-Bohemian Rhapsody

The eye is from a big add in a magazine. I added a little picture of Queen in the pupil. The background comes from a magazine too. No paint involved this time! Just a black marker...
And to compensate for the missing paint...for the fourth page I took a magazine cut out, glued it on a painted background and painted over the picture of the woman.

Van Dik Hout-Stil in mij

I love, love, love this page!!!! It started as an experiment, trying to paint in all those different skin tones. But I love how it turned out!! Even the highlights in the hair are so much more than I had expected. I will definitely try this again!

And this is the last page...number five of this week.

Adele-Make you feel my love

I had to make a page with a song of Adele. I didn't have much time left to art journal so it is quite a simple page...but to be honest...that is much harder for me!

Today is the last day of the Top 2000..which means the best 272 hits ever till 24.00h tonight. My husband and I will be busy making 'oliebollen en appelflappen' this morning. Because of the smell that comes with the frying of these 'oil balls and apple flaps' (lol) we have the door and the windows wide open and the music of the Top 2000 playing loud...so cold but so much fun! I hope the neighborhood is a fan of the Top 2000 too...

This will be my last post for 2011. Looking back on all the art I made this year I think I can be very satisfied. I switched from scrapbooking to art journaling completely, which is a good thing. I managed to develop an own recognizable style of art journaling, something I couldn't do with scrapbooking.
I don't have any big New Year's resolutions. I just hope to be able to create as much as I want. I have plans to do a project 52 and create a digital layout each week about our family life. I have plans to create my own set of collage sheets, make some art to sell and maybe more. I will take it one step at a time and see how things go!
I wish all my blogreaders a good, healthy and inspirational 2012 !
See you next year...

TFL!
Sandra

4 opmerkingen:

lisa_crofts zei

Sandra your artjournaling is amazing and inspirational. I love the way you use everyday images and make them your own. Radar love is unbelievable. Those balls sound interesting and i love that you are cooking and listening to music with your husband. Happy new year to both of you.

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) zei

Wat ontzettend gaaf! Ze zijn allemaal heel goed gelukt, maar de pagina van Van Dik Hout is toch wel mijn favoriet. Dat heb je heel knap gedaan. Ook de letterstempels staan echt perfect. Achtergrond is cool. Helemaal leuk dus :-D
En waarom ga je niet lekker buiten appelflappen en oliebollen bakken? Wij gaan ze gewoon kopen, scheelt in de stank, en zoveel hebben we er niet nodig.
Een hele fijne jaarwisseling en een creatief 2012! xoxo

Pleuntje zei

Wat heb je dat mooi gedaan en vooral de inspiratiebron is heel erg leuk. Je kunt trots zijn op al het mooie werk van het afgelopen jaar. Ik wens je een hele gezellige oliebollendag en veel gezondheid en creativiteit voor het nieuwe jaar en ik kijk uit naar al je nieuwe uitdagingen. x Petra
p.s en laat de buren maar lekker mee genieten van alle muziek.

Anoniem zei

Zag deze beauties al op Marit's blog... Het zijn stuk voor stuk weer échte Sandra's!! Dat schilderen over een bestaande foto is zoooo leuk hé? Prachtig gelukt al die schaduwen in het gezicht!!
Voor jou ook alle goeds voor 2012!!